Type Your Own Recipes
Provide Your Typed Recipe Files to G&R
- Turn off automatic fraction formatting (½ to 1/2).
- Our typesetters can change your recipes to your desired font during the formatting of your book.
- Choose 10 pt. as your font size.
- Choose Left Align for your text.
- Use asterisk symbol (ie. 350*) for degree symbol.
- Hit Return/Enter once after recipe title and type contributor.
- Hit Return/Enter twice after contributor and type ingredients in one column.
- Hit Return/Enter twice after ingredients and type recipe directions in paragraph form.
- Hit Return/Enter 3 times between recipes.
- Create a separate document for each recipe category.
- Do not use the tab key when typing recipes.
- Discount may not apply if recipes are not typed according to these guidelines.
- Request recipe forms from G&R or print out forms now to
distribute to potential contributors. Generally, groups need
300 to 600 recipe forms (consider 3 to 5 per potential
contributor) and 8 to 10 category envelopes (one for each
section in your cookbook).
- Ensure that everyone knows where to return their recipes
by a scheduled deadline date.
- Separate recipes into the appropriate categories, then sort recipes into the desired order within each category.
- Type the recipes in any word processing program (for example: Microsoft Works, Word, Note Pad, InDesign, PageMaker) following
a few simple guidelines.
- Double-check recipes for mistakes. Mistakes or typos found after
the book is formatted for printing will incur a $3 per item charge
to be corrected.
Design Your Cookbook
- Create your account here.
- Choose your book’s design options.
- Fill out the hard copy order form, or create a free account where you can visually select your design options.
Submit Your Order
- Upload your recipe files to your online account and submit your order, or mail a CD of your recipe files, a completed hard copy order form, and any artwork or photos to G&R Publishing.
Before your book goes into production, you will receive, review and approve a proof of your cookbook. Books will be shipped in 28 business days!